Friday, August 3, 2012

A Bit About Me


My husband and I live near the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia.  Our 3 girls are grown, married and live wonderful lives that we get to share in.  We currently have 4 granddaughters and our first grandson is due in October of 2012.  I think being a grandparent is the greatest thing of all!  I am a Christian and find a great deal of peace in applying my religion to life's daily trials.

My husband works for the US Government and I work as a contractor for the US Government.  We've been married for 6+ years, and I still feel like we are on our honeymoon.  He is my best friend and he tells me that I am his too.  We love to cook together, relax and travel too.  An average summer evening at our home would find him on the porch with a good cigar, me sewing in my studio and then both of us converging in the family room to watch some TV and talk while I sew on my current hand project.  In the winter we love to pour a glass of wine, have a fire in the fireplace and read books together!  I like sitting on the couch with my toes tucked under him and just enjoy the evening.

We share our home with a small cat, Caruso.  Caruso was a rescue from the streets of Philadelphia and came to us from a friend.  I'm not sure if we cohabitate with him as equals or if we are here as his staff.  Either way, we love him and I think he loves us too.  He has a condition that apparently is common in male cats, crystals in his urinary tract.  We take great care to ensure that he is healthy and happy. 

I love to sew!  I quilt and sew almost daily.  I also enjoy needlework of all types, embroidery, candlewicking, cross stitching, stump work, needlepoint and crewel are some of my favorites.  I also enjoy crocheting and knitting.  I spin wool and weave too.  I like to dye my own fibers as it lets me customize what I am working on.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

Cee Cee

1 comment:

  1. First off~I do think you are staff for Caruso. His NM family(Teegar and Val) have are the same way. They love us but we are definitely here to serve their every need!

    I love this about me post. I think your life is idyllic and am ever so happy for you.

    Love ya,
    NM Sis

    ReplyDelete