Friday, August 3, 2012

Easy Grilled Salad

About two years ago we bought our first grill.  Since then we've been on a journey to learn new things to grill and new grilling methods.  To date, the oddest thing I've discovered is grilled salad!

Here is a picture of the salad
It is so simple and SO good! 
  1. Take a head of romaine lettuce and cut it in half. 
  2. If the tips of the lettuce are a bit beat up or starting to show their age, I just trim them off. 
  3. WASH THE LETTUCE!  I wait until I cut it open to wash it so I ensure the inner leaves get washed too.
  4. Shake the well washed lettuce until most of the water is off of the leaves.
  5. Generously brush the cut sides with olive oil.
  6. Slip onto a medium heat grill, cut side down.
  7. Grill for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 minutes.  We grill until the grill marks are well established and the lettuce has wilted (not shriveled but wilted).
  8. Take the lettuce off the grill and put it on the dinner plate, cut side up.
  9. Drizzle with red wine vinegar.
  10. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  11. Dress with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.
  12. Serve and enjoy a healthy, affordable EASY salad from the grill!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a salad this way...I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete